RECOMMENCED GENERAL CLASS STRUCTURE
- Begin with a short practice of awareness and relaxation to prepare students’ attention and focus in class.
- Continue with the asana session – commencing with exercises for the joints, followed by Surya Namaskar, and Yoga Asanas.
- Shavasana or other relaxation asanas should be done in between asanas to avoid any undue strain.
- Introduce counter poses where necessary – Specific counter poses are recommended for certain asana. These are necessary to bring the body back to a balanced state.
- Take care to mention contra-indications, if any.
Conclude the class with guided relaxation and Pranayama practice.